Lawyers group protests against Srikrishna Committee
Hyderabad: A group of pro-Telangana lawyers
on Friday held protest outside the Lake View government guest
house here, where members of the Srikrishna Committee on
Telangana are putting up.
The agitating lawyers, who raised slogans like
`Srikrishna Committee go back` and `Jai Telangana`, were taken
into police custody.
Pro-Telangana lawyers, who have been taking active
participation in the separate statehood agitation, also held a
protest at the airport here yesterday just before the arrival
of the members of Srikrishna Committee.
The advocates barged into the Rajiv Gandhi International
Airport premises and tried to stage a sit-in, but were taken
into custody by the police.
The lawyers last month held a massive protest in New
Delhi and some of them breached police restrictions and
reached up to Parliament.
Advocates had held protests at the headquarters of
Telugu Desam here and also gheraoed senior Congress MLA K
Jana Reddy for not quitting his post to mount pressure on the
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), formed to
spearhead the statehood stir, had called for "peaceful
protests" against the visit of the Srikrishna Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!