Lawyers group protests against Srikrishna Committee
Hyderabad: A group of pro-Telangana lawyers
on Friday held protest outside the Lake View government guest
house here, where members of the Srikrishna Committee on
Telangana are putting up.
The agitating lawyers, who raised slogans like
`Srikrishna Committee go back` and `Jai Telangana`, were taken
into police custody.
Pro-Telangana lawyers, who have been taking active
participation in the separate statehood agitation, also held a
protest at the airport here yesterday just before the arrival
of the members of Srikrishna Committee.
The advocates barged into the Rajiv Gandhi International
Airport premises and tried to stage a sit-in, but were taken
into custody by the police.
The lawyers last month held a massive protest in New
Delhi and some of them breached police restrictions and
reached up to Parliament.
Advocates had held protests at the headquarters of
Telugu Desam here and also gheraoed senior Congress MLA K
Jana Reddy for not quitting his post to mount pressure on the
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), formed to
spearhead the statehood stir, had called for "peaceful
protests" against the visit of the Srikrishna Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed