LCA `Tejas` to be displayed at Republic Day parade
New Delhi: Displaying its indigenous weapon
manufacturing prowess, India will showcase its home-grown
Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, its highly-advanced
airborne radar and different types of naval torpedos at the
Republic Day parade.
"At this year`s parade, the Trainer version of the Tejas
along with several types of indigenously developed Torpedos
and advanced Long Range Solid State Phased Array Radar
(LRSTAR) will be displayed," a DRDO official said here.
The LCA was recently granted the Initial Operational
Clearance (IOC) and it has moved a step closer towards
induction into the Indian Air Force.
The trainer version of the Tejas is a tandem seat
derivative of the fighter aircraft and will be used by both
the Navy and the IAF.
The LRSTAR would be equipped on the under-development
Airborne Early Warning and Control System and would carry out
surveillance, detection and tracking of airborne targets also.
The tableau of the premier defence research agency will
also showcase the naval underwater weapon systems including
the light weight torpedo and heavy weight torpedo `Varunastra`
which is in the final phases of technology development, and
the `Maareech` decoy System which diverts enemy underwater
missiles and prevents them from hitting own ships.
The Life Sciences laboratories of the DRDO will also
display their equipment at the parade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match