LCA `Tejas` to be displayed at Republic Day parade
New Delhi: Displaying its indigenous weapon
manufacturing prowess, India will showcase its home-grown
Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, its highly-advanced
airborne radar and different types of naval torpedos at the
Republic Day parade.
"At this year`s parade, the Trainer version of the Tejas
along with several types of indigenously developed Torpedos
and advanced Long Range Solid State Phased Array Radar
(LRSTAR) will be displayed," a DRDO official said here.
The LCA was recently granted the Initial Operational
Clearance (IOC) and it has moved a step closer towards
induction into the Indian Air Force.
The trainer version of the Tejas is a tandem seat
derivative of the fighter aircraft and will be used by both
the Navy and the IAF.
The LRSTAR would be equipped on the under-development
Airborne Early Warning and Control System and would carry out
surveillance, detection and tracking of airborne targets also.
The tableau of the premier defence research agency will
also showcase the naval underwater weapon systems including
the light weight torpedo and heavy weight torpedo `Varunastra`
which is in the final phases of technology development, and
the `Maareech` decoy System which diverts enemy underwater
missiles and prevents them from hitting own ships.
The Life Sciences laboratories of the DRDO will also
display their equipment at the parade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital