‘Leaders suitable subjects for satire’
Lucknow: After unsuccessfully trying his luck in politics, Shekhar Suman is returning to the world of small screen again with "Movers and Shakers" and the actor feels leaders are the most suitable subjects for satire.
"As people elect their leaders for improving their lot, they can associate themselves appropriately with the satire aimed at the leaders", Suman told reporters.
The new edition of "Movers and Shakers" will air on the SAB TV from March 12.
Suman, who had contested the last Lok Sabha election as Congress nominee from Patna Saheb against BJP`s Shatrughan Sinha, said that he was not interested in politics anymore and would not like to enter again.
Suman termed "Movers and Shakers" as a milestone in his career and said that the new edition would not just make people laugh but also wake them up.
Suman, who came to limelight on the small screen with "Dhek Bhai Dekh", said that he wanted to invite Anna Hazare as his guest on the new show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir