Leak of confession; RSS man seeks rejection of CBI`s reply
New Delhi: RSS functionary Devendra Gupta,
arrested for his alleged role in Ajmer dargah blast case, on Saturday told a Delhi court that CBI`s reply on leakage of Swami
Aseemanand`s confessional statement to the media be rejected.
Aseemanand (59), prime accused in Hyderabad`s Mecca
Masjid blast case, had in his recent confessional statement
said he and several other Sangh activists had a direct role in
Malegaon, Samjhauta Express, Ajmer and Mecca Masjid blasts.
CBI, which was asked by the court to clarify the
circumstances under which the statement of Aseemanand got
leaked, had said none of its officials was involved and it was
a journalist who published it.
"CBI`s reply in the case is incomplete and it is prayed
that the reply filed by Ashok Tiwari, DIG CBI, be rejected,"
Anupam S Sharma, counsel for Gupta, told Additional Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjay Bansal.
"CBI was trying to hush up the matter and not holding a
proper inquiry into the case. The cursory manner in which the
inquiry has been conducted and the content of the report prima
facie show that the investigating agency is not serious about
going to the root of the issue and is over anxious only to
put its defence and hush up the matter," he said.
The agency, in its reply, had said Ashish Khaitan, a
scribe, had published the confessional statement.
The RSS functionary, in an application, has sought a
direction to the CBI Director to file a fresh report.
The court has put the matter for further hearing on March
Earlier, the court had asked the CBI Director to file a
complete report on the leakage.
The order was passed on a plea of Gupta seeking lodging
of an FIR against CBI and `Tehelka` magazine under various
penal provisions for the "deliberate" leakage of Aseemanand`s
The confession was recorded in Delhi by a Metropolitan
Magistrate on December 18 last year in an in-camera
Gupta, against whom a chargesheet has been filed by
Rajasthan`s Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), is lodged in Central
Jail, Ajmer, for his alleged role in blast in the
premises of the dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti in 2007
that left three persons dead and 15 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea