Leander Paes denies all allegations against him by Rhea Pillai
Mumbai: Ace tennis player Leander Paes denied all allegations of domestic violence and harassment against him before the local metropolitan magistrate`s court here on Wednesday.
Last month, his estranged live-in partner Reha Pillai had approached a local court and filed a case against him.
"Paes filed an application today denying all allegations levelled against him by Pillai", Rhea Pillai`s advocate V D Mungekar told PTI.
Mungekar said that he would file a counter-application in the court next month. In her complaint, Rhea Pillai had also named Leander Paes` father Vece Paes and sought monthly maintenance of about Rs 4 lakh.
The estranged couple has been fighting for the custody of their eight-year-old daughter. In her complaint, Rhea Pillai had accused Leander`s father Vece Paes, of preventing her and her daughter from entering their Carter Road residence in suburban Bandra.
She had also sought blocking of any transfer of property to any "third party". Last month, Leander Paes had filed `a guardianship petition` in the family court here, seeking permanent custody of his daughter from Rhea Pillai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss