Leander Paes denies all allegations against him by Rhea Pillai
Mumbai: Ace tennis player Leander Paes denied all allegations of domestic violence and harassment against him before the local metropolitan magistrate`s court here on Wednesday.
Last month, his estranged live-in partner Reha Pillai had approached a local court and filed a case against him.
"Paes filed an application today denying all allegations levelled against him by Pillai", Rhea Pillai`s advocate V D Mungekar told PTI.
Mungekar said that he would file a counter-application in the court next month. In her complaint, Rhea Pillai had also named Leander Paes` father Vece Paes and sought monthly maintenance of about Rs 4 lakh.
The estranged couple has been fighting for the custody of their eight-year-old daughter. In her complaint, Rhea Pillai had accused Leander`s father Vece Paes, of preventing her and her daughter from entering their Carter Road residence in suburban Bandra.
She had also sought blocking of any transfer of property to any "third party". Last month, Leander Paes had filed `a guardianship petition` in the family court here, seeking permanent custody of his daughter from Rhea Pillai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them