Leander Paes denies all allegations against him by Rhea Pillai
Mumbai: Ace tennis player Leander Paes denied all allegations of domestic violence and harassment against him before the local metropolitan magistrate`s court here on Wednesday.
Last month, his estranged live-in partner Reha Pillai had approached a local court and filed a case against him.
"Paes filed an application today denying all allegations levelled against him by Pillai", Rhea Pillai`s advocate V D Mungekar told PTI.
Mungekar said that he would file a counter-application in the court next month. In her complaint, Rhea Pillai had also named Leander Paes` father Vece Paes and sought monthly maintenance of about Rs 4 lakh.
The estranged couple has been fighting for the custody of their eight-year-old daughter. In her complaint, Rhea Pillai had accused Leander`s father Vece Paes, of preventing her and her daughter from entering their Carter Road residence in suburban Bandra.
She had also sought blocking of any transfer of property to any "third party". Last month, Leander Paes had filed `a guardianship petition` in the family court here, seeking permanent custody of his daughter from Rhea Pillai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez