Least chance of mid-term elections: Bardhan
Khagaria: Veteran CPI leader AB Bardhan on Thursday said there was least chance of Lok Sabha polls being held before time and claimed the next government at the Centre would be formed by non-Congress and non-BJP parties.
Talking to reporters on situation arising after withdrawal of support by DMK, Bardhan said Lok Sabha polls would be held on time.
Claiming that the next government at the Centre would be of non-Congress and non-BJP parties, the former CPI general secretary said for this regional parties have to come on one platform to give a third option to electorates.
On Rahul Gandhi, he said Congress fared badly in Assembly elections in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh which it fought under the leadership of the Congress vice-president.
"Congress` condition will further deteriorate after 2014 general elections and it would manage to win not more than 110 seats," Bardhan said.
On the talks of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi becoming BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, he asked, "which problem prevailing in the country is not present in Gujarat?"
BJP performed badly in local bodies elections in Karnataka and it would further go down in Parliamentary elections, he said.
"In such a situation, Left parties have to take initiative for formation of Third Front with the help of regional parties," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why