Least chance of mid-term elections: Bardhan
Khagaria: Veteran CPI leader AB Bardhan on Thursday said there was least chance of Lok Sabha polls being held before time and claimed the next government at the Centre would be formed by non-Congress and non-BJP parties.
Talking to reporters on situation arising after withdrawal of support by DMK, Bardhan said Lok Sabha polls would be held on time.
Claiming that the next government at the Centre would be of non-Congress and non-BJP parties, the former CPI general secretary said for this regional parties have to come on one platform to give a third option to electorates.
On Rahul Gandhi, he said Congress fared badly in Assembly elections in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh which it fought under the leadership of the Congress vice-president.
"Congress` condition will further deteriorate after 2014 general elections and it would manage to win not more than 110 seats," Bardhan said.
On the talks of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi becoming BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, he asked, "which problem prevailing in the country is not present in Gujarat?"
BJP performed badly in local bodies elections in Karnataka and it would further go down in Parliamentary elections, he said.
"In such a situation, Left parties have to take initiative for formation of Third Front with the help of regional parties," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'