Leave issues of transfer of IAS officials to bureaucracy:Hegde
Bangalore: In the backdrop of transfer of Haryana IAS officer for probing land deals, former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde today asked state and Central governments to leave issue of transfers to bureaucracy.
"Issues of transfers should be left to bureaucracy itself without there being any interference whatsoever by central or state governments to curb corruption," Hegde said.
Hegde said there was lot of "discontentment" amongst state and central officers in regard to the transfer policies of their respective government.
"The common complaint seems to be that there is no proper policy and transfers are effected at the whims and fancies of the decision-making authority which is mostly influenced by the pressure from the politicians` various hues," he said.
Such transfers are likely to have serious adverse effect on the efficiency of the government itself, Hegde said, adding, "To have an independent attitude and peace of mind, a government servant must have some assured tenure on any post to which he is posted before he is transferred."
Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka was removed as Inspector General of Registration in the wake of his ordering a probe into all the land dealings of Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in four districts of Haryana.
Transfers based on the recommendations of persons who were not connected with the government would certainly lead to corruption and undue favours being shown in favour of such beneficiaries, Hegde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS