Leave politics if scared of security: Tariq Anwar to Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Tariq Anwar on Thursday took potshot at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for its demand of PM-level security to its prime ministerial candidate, saying if Narendra Modi is so scared of his security then he has no business to be in national politics.
"If Modi is so scared of his security he has no business to be in national politics. If someone is a PM candidate than there is some kind of threat," Anwar said.
"I think to put pressure on the Government in the name of Modi`s security is not right," he added.
The BJP and the Congress-led UPA have locked horns over security protection to Modi, with each side accusing the other of playing politics over the threat perception to the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Citing the example of the October 27 Patna serial blasts at Modi`s `Hunkar` rally that left seven dead and over 80 injured, the BJP is demanding foolproof security of the level of the PM for Modi, but the Congress-led government, which insists his security has already been tightened, has ruled out Special Protection Group ( SPG) protection for him because it needs legal amendment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach