Leave sports to sportspersons, politics to politicians: Omar
R S Pura: Disfavouring suggestions to make his father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah BCCI chief, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
Replying to a question on former IPL chairman Lalit Modi`s suggestion to make Farooq Abdullah the BCCI chief, Omar said "I for one will not be in favour of that."
"I am personally of the view that sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons - that is the great favour we can do to sportspeople," he told reporters here.
"I have anyway been counselling my father that he has enough responsibilities before accepting more," Omar said.
"Leave sports to sportspersons and politics to politicians," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach