Leave sports to sportspersons, politics to politicians: Omar
R S Pura: Disfavouring suggestions to make his father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah BCCI chief, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
Replying to a question on former IPL chairman Lalit Modi`s suggestion to make Farooq Abdullah the BCCI chief, Omar said "I for one will not be in favour of that."
"I am personally of the view that sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons - that is the great favour we can do to sportspeople," he told reporters here.
"I have anyway been counselling my father that he has enough responsibilities before accepting more," Omar said.
"Leave sports to sportspersons and politics to politicians," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster