Leave sports to sportspersons, politics to politicians: Omar
R S Pura: Disfavouring suggestions to make his father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah BCCI chief, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
Replying to a question on former IPL chairman Lalit Modi`s suggestion to make Farooq Abdullah the BCCI chief, Omar said "I for one will not be in favour of that."
"I am personally of the view that sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons - that is the great favour we can do to sportspeople," he told reporters here.
"I have anyway been counselling my father that he has enough responsibilities before accepting more," Omar said.
"Leave sports to sportspersons and politics to politicians," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan