Leave sports to sportspersons, politics to politicians: Omar
R S Pura: Disfavouring suggestions to make his father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah BCCI chief, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
Replying to a question on former IPL chairman Lalit Modi`s suggestion to make Farooq Abdullah the BCCI chief, Omar said "I for one will not be in favour of that."
"I am personally of the view that sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons - that is the great favour we can do to sportspeople," he told reporters here.
"I have anyway been counselling my father that he has enough responsibilities before accepting more," Omar said.
"Leave sports to sportspersons and politics to politicians," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?