Left, BJP for debate on economy, price rise
New Delhi: The BJP and the Left on Monday demanded a debate in the Lok Sabha on stagnating economy and high prices of essential items.
Communist Party of India MP Gurudas Dasgupta raised the issues during zero hour and sought a white paper from the government.
The economy has slowed down. Production in all sectors has declined... There is unemployment... The government policies are to be blamed for the situation," Dasgupta said.
"The government should come out with a white paper and it should be debated," he added.
Associating her party with the issues, Bharatiya Janata Party`s Sushma Swaraj said the next meeting of the Business Advisory Council should fix a date for a debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal