Left, BJP for debate on economy, price rise
New Delhi: The BJP and the Left on Monday demanded a debate in the Lok Sabha on stagnating economy and high prices of essential items.
Communist Party of India MP Gurudas Dasgupta raised the issues during zero hour and sought a white paper from the government.
The economy has slowed down. Production in all sectors has declined... There is unemployment... The government policies are to be blamed for the situation," Dasgupta said.
"The government should come out with a white paper and it should be debated," he added.
Associating her party with the issues, Bharatiya Janata Party`s Sushma Swaraj said the next meeting of the Business Advisory Council should fix a date for a debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!