Left, BJP for debate on economy, price rise
New Delhi: The BJP and the Left on Monday demanded a debate in the Lok Sabha on stagnating economy and high prices of essential items.
Communist Party of India MP Gurudas Dasgupta raised the issues during zero hour and sought a white paper from the government.
The economy has slowed down. Production in all sectors has declined... There is unemployment... The government policies are to be blamed for the situation," Dasgupta said.
"The government should come out with a white paper and it should be debated," he added.
Associating her party with the issues, Bharatiya Janata Party`s Sushma Swaraj said the next meeting of the Business Advisory Council should fix a date for a debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef