Left, BJP for debate on economy, price rise
New Delhi: The BJP and the Left on Monday demanded a debate in the Lok Sabha on stagnating economy and high prices of essential items.
Communist Party of India MP Gurudas Dasgupta raised the issues during zero hour and sought a white paper from the government.
The economy has slowed down. Production in all sectors has declined... There is unemployment... The government policies are to be blamed for the situation," Dasgupta said.
"The government should come out with a white paper and it should be debated," he added.
Associating her party with the issues, Bharatiya Janata Party`s Sushma Swaraj said the next meeting of the Business Advisory Council should fix a date for a debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption