Left boycotts President`s address to Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Left parties on Thursday boycotted President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to the joint sitting of both Houses of Parliament and staged demonstration inside the complex in solidarity with the two-day nationwide strike called by all trade unions.
Carrying placards, MPs of CPI(M), CPI, RSP and Forward Bloc gathered outside the main gate of Parliament near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi and raised slogans against the "anti-people" policies of the government.
They blamed the UPA government for rising prices and growing unemployment, protesting its moves to privatise profit-making PSUs and demanding wage revision for various sections of employees and workers.
Later, the Left MPs also boycotted the President`s address to the joint sitting of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16