Left boycotts President`s address to Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Left parties on Thursday boycotted President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to the joint sitting of both Houses of Parliament and staged demonstration inside the complex in solidarity with the two-day nationwide strike called by all trade unions.
Carrying placards, MPs of CPI(M), CPI, RSP and Forward Bloc gathered outside the main gate of Parliament near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi and raised slogans against the "anti-people" policies of the government.
They blamed the UPA government for rising prices and growing unemployment, protesting its moves to privatise profit-making PSUs and demanding wage revision for various sections of employees and workers.
Later, the Left MPs also boycotted the President`s address to the joint sitting of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Start-ups now need only a DIPP certificate for IPR benefits
- Turmeric compound may play pivotal role in treating colon cancer
- IT industry must skill workforce to hold position globally: NASSCOM
- BJP demands probe into role of National Conference in Kashmir unrest
- Black Money: Don't want to be big brother watching, says Arun Jaitley