Left boycotts President`s address to Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Left parties on Thursday boycotted President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to the joint sitting of both Houses of Parliament and staged demonstration inside the complex in solidarity with the two-day nationwide strike called by all trade unions.
Carrying placards, MPs of CPI(M), CPI, RSP and Forward Bloc gathered outside the main gate of Parliament near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi and raised slogans against the "anti-people" policies of the government.
They blamed the UPA government for rising prices and growing unemployment, protesting its moves to privatise profit-making PSUs and demanding wage revision for various sections of employees and workers.
Later, the Left MPs also boycotted the President`s address to the joint sitting of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!