Left determined to fight communal forces: CPI leader
Moga: Senior Communist Party of India (CPI) leader Joginder Dayal on Friday said that the Left parties were determined to fight "communal forces" in the country.
"We are committed to fight the communal forces and keep them at bay," Dayal, a member of the National Council of CPI, told reporters here.
He criticised the SAD-BJP government in Punjab for its "anti-people policies", and said the Sanja Morcha, a front comprising various political parties, is determined to fight against these policies.
He also attacked the Shiromani Akali Dal for supporting BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, alleging that he was "anti-minorities".
Dayal also said it was not correct that there was a "Modi wave" in the country as was being portrayed by the BJP and its allies, including the SAD.
Replying to a question, he said that the Sanja Morcha has decided to field candidates in all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab in the next elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday