Left, farmer groups to hold rally in Delhi
Hyderabad: The Left and other parties
comprising TDP, JD(S) and also farmers` organisations would
hold massive rally in Delhi during the budget session of
Parliament to highlight agrarian issues, the All India Kisan
Sabha (AIKS) said on Wednesday.
The main demand of the parties and the farmers` outfits
is implementation of recommendations of National Commission on
Farmers` headed by eminent agriculture scientist M S
Swaminathan, AIKS National General Secretary Atul Kumar Anjaan
told reporters here today.
He said a coordination committee has been formed for
organising the rally.
Slamming the UPA government for its anti-farmer policies,
he said the Centre has failed to fix justified support price
for agriculture produce.
The Centre and also the state governments have failed to
check black marketing of fertilisers resulting in massive loot
of farmers` money, Anjaan alleged.
The Centre has brought further miseries to the farming
community by withdrawing subsidies on fertilisers, he charged.
The Centre and state governments have failed to set up
purchase centres for farmers whose minimum support price (MSP)
is declared by Commission on Agriculture Cost and Price
(CACP), he maintained.
Though the CACP decided Rs 1080 per quintal as the MSP,
the farmers are forced to sell their produce for a price much
less than that due to the absence of purchase centres, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks