Left, farmer groups to hold rally in Delhi
Hyderabad: The Left and other parties
comprising TDP, JD(S) and also farmers` organisations would
hold massive rally in Delhi during the budget session of
Parliament to highlight agrarian issues, the All India Kisan
Sabha (AIKS) said on Wednesday.
The main demand of the parties and the farmers` outfits
is implementation of recommendations of National Commission on
Farmers` headed by eminent agriculture scientist M S
Swaminathan, AIKS National General Secretary Atul Kumar Anjaan
told reporters here today.
He said a coordination committee has been formed for
organising the rally.
Slamming the UPA government for its anti-farmer policies,
he said the Centre has failed to fix justified support price
for agriculture produce.
The Centre and also the state governments have failed to
check black marketing of fertilisers resulting in massive loot
of farmers` money, Anjaan alleged.
The Centre has brought further miseries to the farming
community by withdrawing subsidies on fertilisers, he charged.
The Centre and state governments have failed to set up
purchase centres for farmers whose minimum support price (MSP)
is declared by Commission on Agriculture Cost and Price
(CACP), he maintained.
Though the CACP decided Rs 1080 per quintal as the MSP,
the farmers are forced to sell their produce for a price much
less than that due to the absence of purchase centres, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price