Left, farmer groups to hold rally in Delhi
Hyderabad: The Left and other parties
comprising TDP, JD(S) and also farmers` organisations would
hold massive rally in Delhi during the budget session of
Parliament to highlight agrarian issues, the All India Kisan
Sabha (AIKS) said on Wednesday.
The main demand of the parties and the farmers` outfits
is implementation of recommendations of National Commission on
Farmers` headed by eminent agriculture scientist M S
Swaminathan, AIKS National General Secretary Atul Kumar Anjaan
told reporters here today.
He said a coordination committee has been formed for
organising the rally.
Slamming the UPA government for its anti-farmer policies,
he said the Centre has failed to fix justified support price
for agriculture produce.
The Centre and also the state governments have failed to
check black marketing of fertilisers resulting in massive loot
of farmers` money, Anjaan alleged.
The Centre has brought further miseries to the farming
community by withdrawing subsidies on fertilisers, he charged.
The Centre and state governments have failed to set up
purchase centres for farmers whose minimum support price (MSP)
is declared by Commission on Agriculture Cost and Price
(CACP), he maintained.
Though the CACP decided Rs 1080 per quintal as the MSP,
the farmers are forced to sell their produce for a price much
less than that due to the absence of purchase centres, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details