Left parties to play decisive role after LS polls: Bardhan
Bhubaneswar: Vowing to strive to oust the Congress and prevent BJP from coming to power at the Centre after the Lok Sabha elections, the CPI Thursday claimed that Left parties would play a decisive role with other secular forces to form the new government.
"Left parties are determined to remove Congress and prevent BJP from gaining power at the Centre. There will be a non-BJP and non-Congress coalition of democratic and secular forces after the elections," CPI`s National Secretary A B Bardhan told reporters here.
He said "Without Left parties there cannot be an alternative coalition."
Several regional parties like BJD in Odisha were likely to be part of the new coalition of secular and democratic forces along with Left parties at the national level in the post-poll scenario, he claimed.
Under the circumstances, the prospects of a non-BJP and non-Congress platform had brightened to fill the space at the national level, Bardhan said.
Bardhan said "I am sure there will be no UPA-3. Though BJP will be in a slightly better position than Congress, the party and its allies will not be able to get more than 200 seats in Lok Sabha in the polls."
On Narendra Modi criss-crossing the country to bolster BJP`s poll prospects, the CPI veteran claimed that the BJP prime ministerial candidate`s `aggressive and authoritarian role` was driving away many people.
Though the Left parties refrained from entering into electoral understanding with regional outfits like BJD mainly for the assembly election, after the Lok Sabha polls a new coalition would emerge at the national level, Bardhan said.
The veteran CPI leader said price rise, corruption and food security would be among the major issues to be highlighted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!