Left says first year of UPA-II is of `worst failure`
New Delhi: Left parties on Monday said the first
year of UPA-II was one of "worst failure and disappointment"
as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not been able to give any
specific solution to problems faced by the common man.
CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said the Prime
Minister`s press conference was "all declaration of intent"
and there was nothing really very specific about issues
agitating the people.
CPI National Secretary D Raja said the first year of
UPA-II was "worst failure and disappointment". He said the
neo-liberal policies followed by the government would not
solve the problems faced by the country.
Raja said the Prime Minister was talking like an
astrologer but depending on market forces to rein in price
"The government is also directionless in foreign policy
matters," he alleged citing India`s shift in stand on Sri
"Our first stand was to have a political solution. Then we
shifted to reconciliation and rehabilitation. Again we shifted
to political reconciliation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations