Left says first year of UPA-II is of `worst failure`
New Delhi: Left parties on Monday said the first
year of UPA-II was one of "worst failure and disappointment"
as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not been able to give any
specific solution to problems faced by the common man.
CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said the Prime
Minister`s press conference was "all declaration of intent"
and there was nothing really very specific about issues
agitating the people.
CPI National Secretary D Raja said the first year of
UPA-II was "worst failure and disappointment". He said the
neo-liberal policies followed by the government would not
solve the problems faced by the country.
Raja said the Prime Minister was talking like an
astrologer but depending on market forces to rein in price
"The government is also directionless in foreign policy
matters," he alleged citing India`s shift in stand on Sri
"Our first stand was to have a political solution. Then we
shifted to reconciliation and rehabilitation. Again we shifted
to political reconciliation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor