Left says first year of UPA-II is of `worst failure`
New Delhi: Left parties on Monday said the first
year of UPA-II was one of "worst failure and disappointment"
as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not been able to give any
specific solution to problems faced by the common man.
CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said the Prime
Minister`s press conference was "all declaration of intent"
and there was nothing really very specific about issues
agitating the people.
CPI National Secretary D Raja said the first year of
UPA-II was "worst failure and disappointment". He said the
neo-liberal policies followed by the government would not
solve the problems faced by the country.
Raja said the Prime Minister was talking like an
astrologer but depending on market forces to rein in price
"The government is also directionless in foreign policy
matters," he alleged citing India`s shift in stand on Sri
"Our first stand was to have a political solution. Then we
shifted to reconciliation and rehabilitation. Again we shifted
to political reconciliation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation