Left says first year of UPA-II is of `worst failure`
New Delhi: Left parties on Monday said the first
year of UPA-II was one of "worst failure and disappointment"
as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not been able to give any
specific solution to problems faced by the common man.
CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said the Prime
Minister`s press conference was "all declaration of intent"
and there was nothing really very specific about issues
agitating the people.
CPI National Secretary D Raja said the first year of
UPA-II was "worst failure and disappointment". He said the
neo-liberal policies followed by the government would not
solve the problems faced by the country.
Raja said the Prime Minister was talking like an
astrologer but depending on market forces to rein in price
"The government is also directionless in foreign policy
matters," he alleged citing India`s shift in stand on Sri
"Our first stand was to have a political solution. Then we
shifted to reconciliation and rehabilitation. Again we shifted
to political reconciliation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!