Left slams budget
New Delhi: Left parties on Friday attacked the
Union Budget, saying it will increase the financial burden on
common people and lead to rise in prices.
"The roadmap given by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
makes it clear that this budget will increase financial burden
on common people," CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury told
reporters outside Parliament.
"There is a relief of Rs 4,500 crore in Direct Taxes but
there is a burden of Rs 45,000 crore in Indirect Taxes. This
will result in increase in prices and will further burden
common people," he said.
The Finance Minister said that we are on the brink of a
resurgent India but "instead of creating an inclusive pattern
of growth, in the name of fiscal consolidation, the burden is
being put more on people. This is not bearable and not
justifiable and not acceptable," he said.
CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said the budget was
"purposeless and clerical" one.
There was no need for a Finance Minister to present this
budget as it could have been done by a Government clerk as it
is "purposeless and direction-less", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM