Left slams budget
New Delhi: Left parties on Friday attacked the
Union Budget, saying it will increase the financial burden on
common people and lead to rise in prices.
"The roadmap given by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
makes it clear that this budget will increase financial burden
on common people," CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury told
reporters outside Parliament.
"There is a relief of Rs 4,500 crore in Direct Taxes but
there is a burden of Rs 45,000 crore in Indirect Taxes. This
will result in increase in prices and will further burden
common people," he said.
The Finance Minister said that we are on the brink of a
resurgent India but "instead of creating an inclusive pattern
of growth, in the name of fiscal consolidation, the burden is
being put more on people. This is not bearable and not
justifiable and not acceptable," he said.
CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said the budget was
"purposeless and clerical" one.
There was no need for a Finance Minister to present this
budget as it could have been done by a Government clerk as it
is "purposeless and direction-less", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145