Left slams UPA for `drama` on convicted lawmakers` ordinance
New Delhi: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Sitaram Yechury on Wednesday lashed out at the Congress-led UPA Government for the ongoing drama with regard to the ordinance on convicted parliamentarian.
"This ordinance in the first place should not have been brought about at all. The matter is under consideration of Parliament. A draft bill has gone to the Standing Committee. Let it come, let it be properly debated. Why this hurry for an ordinance? And, this is something we said was completely wrong," said Yechury.
"So, we are glad that it is now being withdrawn. And, it was unnecessary for the Congress to go through this entire fiasco," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH