Left slams UPA for `drama` on convicted lawmakers` ordinance
New Delhi: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Sitaram Yechury on Wednesday lashed out at the Congress-led UPA Government for the ongoing drama with regard to the ordinance on convicted parliamentarian.
"This ordinance in the first place should not have been brought about at all. The matter is under consideration of Parliament. A draft bill has gone to the Standing Committee. Let it come, let it be properly debated. Why this hurry for an ordinance? And, this is something we said was completely wrong," said Yechury.
"So, we are glad that it is now being withdrawn. And, it was unnecessary for the Congress to go through this entire fiasco," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn, Sooraj Pancholi to get action training in Germany for Remo's film
- KRK tries to mock Abhishek Bachchan, gets trolled instead! – Details inside
- Shiv Sena asks Muslims brothers to join fight against ISIS
- US lifts arms decade-long arms embargo on Vietnam, announces Barack Obama
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance