Left to move adjournment motion in LS on Adarsh scam
New Delhi: Left parties will move an
adjournment motion in Lok Sabha on Tuesday on corruption in Adarsh
Housing Society while other opposition parties said they will
raise issues including rotting foodgrains and problems in
Kashmir during this session.
"Left will move an Adjournment Motion in Lok Sabha on
Adarsh Housing Society scam," CPI(M) leader Basudeb Acharia
After an all-party meeting today, Lok Sabha Speaker
Meira Kumar said she was hopeful that the House will run
smoothly, more so after leaders of various political parties
had given concrete suggestions on how to run the House
smoothly in the two all-party meetings.
Principal Opposition BJP will also raise issues of
corruption in 2-G Spectrum allocation, Commonwealth Games,
Adarsh Housing Society scam, rotting foodgrains, anomalies in
distribution of foodgrains to poor through PDS, Kashmir and
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj
represented BJP in the all-party meeting which was also
attended by Deve Gowda (JD-S), Ajit Singh (RLD), Basudev
Acharia (CPM), Sudeep Bandopadhyaya (TMC), Anant Geete (SS),
Ram Sundar Das (JD-U), T R Baalu (DMK), Shailendra Kumar (SP),
Farooq Abdullah (NC), Namo Nageshwar Rao (TDP) were among
those who attended the meeting.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told
members that the government was ready to discuss all issues.
CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said that his party would
raise the issue of corruption in high places, Commonwealth
Games, petroleum price hike among others but does not favour
disrupting the House.
"There is no reason for the House not functioning," he
said, when asked if the House will run smoothly.
A top JD(U) leader, however, said the House is
unlikely to have a smooth functioning today and the party will
make corruption a key issue during the session.
Ajit Singh said his party will bring up the issue of
Land Acquisition Bill which is pending in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31