‘Left to move adjournment motion on price rise’
New Delhi: The CPI on Sunday said the Left will
move an adjournment motion in the Winter Session of Parliament
on the price rise issue as it accused the UPA government of
not being able to control double-digit inflation and demanded
deregulation of fuel prices.
After the two-day National Executive meet, CPI General
Secretary A B Bardhan also warned that the party would launch
nationwide protests if a "strong Lokpal" bill is not passed
in the Winter Session beginning Tuesday, but ruled out joining
Anna Hazare`s movement.
"There is a move to bring an adjournment motion in
Parliament on price rise issue. The Left itself will bring the
motion. There is no relief to common man and no steps from the
government despite Parliament passing an unanimous resolution
earlier," he told a press conference here.
He accused the government of doing nothing to bring down
the double-digit inflation, saying the economic situation in
the country was "very serious" despite "comfortable
statements" made by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee on various issues.
"The situation is really serious. The recession is
catching up with us. The manufacturing sector has shown a
growth rate of just one per cent. Perhaps this is the lowest
in few decades. Gone are the days when our finance minister
talked about 8.5 per cent and 9 per cent growth, now the
utmost they expect is 7 per cent," he said.
Opposing the frequent hike in prices of petrol, Bardhan
demanded that the government reverse deregulation and
decontrol of fuel prices in the interests of common people.
On the recent decrease in fuel hike, he said that was an
indication that the prices can be increased anytime in future
citing prices of crude oil in the international market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'