Left to stage sit-in inside Parliament on price rise
New Delhi: The Left parties stage a sit-in
inside Parliament House tomorrow to protest the government`s
"failure" to contain rising prices of essential commodities.
As Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar rejected opposition`s
demand for holding a discussion on price rise under rules
which entail voting, the Left parties decided to "carry on our
struggle" by holding a dharna inside the Parliament precincts,
CPI National Secretary D Raja said here.
Both Raja and CPI(M) leader Basudeb Acharia said they will
hold the sit-in inside Parliament precincts as "we do not want
to hold up the proceedings of the House."
Raja said, "We don`t agree with the Speaker`s ruling. The
government should accept its lapses and failures (in checking
the rising prices) and come forward with adequate steps to
About the dharna, he said, "We do not want to hold up the
proceedings because we have several important issues to
Acharia said leaders of CPI(M), CPI, RSP and Forward Bloc
would sit together soon to decide on their future course of
action on how to take on the government on various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened