Left wants PM, CBI under Lokpal
New Delhi: A day before an all-party meet on the Lokpal issue here, the CPI(M) on Tuesday categorically spelled out its stand.
Party leader Sitaram Yechury today said they want the Prime Minister as well as the CBI to come under the ambit of Lokpal.
Yechury added that the Group C and D government employees should also come under Lokpal.
The Left has been pursuing an effective Lokpal for almost two decades, he added.
The CPI(M) made its stand clear hours after BSP chief Mayawati too pitched for bringing the PM, CBI and all government employees under Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO