Left wants PM, CBI under Lokpal
New Delhi: A day before an all-party meet on the Lokpal issue here, the CPI(M) on Tuesday categorically spelled out its stand.
Party leader Sitaram Yechury today said they want the Prime Minister as well as the CBI to come under the ambit of Lokpal.
Yechury added that the Group C and D government employees should also come under Lokpal.
The Left has been pursuing an effective Lokpal for almost two decades, he added.
The CPI(M) made its stand clear hours after BSP chief Mayawati too pitched for bringing the PM, CBI and all government employees under Lokpal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?