Left your I-phone, laptop at airport? CISF help at
New Delhi: The next time you go to the airport do remember to place name tags on your cabin baggage and other valuables as airport security force CISF will make all possible efforts to track and restore your lost items.
The CISF made the claim on the basis of its performance last year at 59 civil airports as it recovered forgotten items valued at Rs 20 crore, and out of which goods worth about Rs 15 crore was returned to the air fliers in quick time.
All that the air passengers have to do is to either contact airport manager of the terminal where the belonging was forgotten or log on to the website www.cisf.gov.in and prove credentials to claim the stuff back.
"The lost and found service was initiated by the CISF in 2009 as a public service gesture. The initiative bore excellent results and passengers who got their valuables back have thanked the force in more than words and by way of appreciation," a senior CISF official said.
CISF, during 2012, recovered lost items with a total estimated value of Rs 20,43,23,020 while it restored items worth Rs 14,64,45,474 to rightful owners quickly, across country`s airports.
The remaining items were deposited with the airport operators` office which releases the goods as and when passengers approach them, after physically proving their credentials.
For a sample case of other valuables like cellphones including costly i-phones and laptops left by fliers, the force at Delhi`s swanky Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) recovered a total of 1,298 phones left back by passengers in the waiting area while the corresponding figures for laptops was 418 at the same facility.
The force during the same period also apprehended a number of touts, detected drug carriers, intercepted fake currency and illegal liquor and found instances of human trafficking at the airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video