LeT, BKI behind Ambala explosives; target Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police today said that
Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) and Babbar Khalsa International (BKI)
had joined hands to plot a terror strike in the national
capital ahead of Diwali following the recovery of an
explosive-laden car in Haryana`s Ambala.
The seizure of the car in Ambala last evening came
following a trail of inputs provided by central intelligence
agencies that a car was headed to Delhi through Ambala with
explosives and detonators.
"We had inputs that an LeT module active in Jammu and
Kashmir was planning to strike in Delhi. Investigations were
done and found that the explosives were meant for BKI and to
be used in Delhi. We received a specific input yesterday about
the movement," Arun Kampani, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(Special Cell), told reporters here.
Delhi Police informed their Haryana counterparts and
all parking lots and the highway were checked before the car
was traced to the parking lot in Ambala railway station.
Surveillance was kept by police to check whether anybody would
come to take the car but till midnight nobody turned up.
"Ambala was the place where the explosives were meant
to be exchanged. Bomb disposal squads and foresinic experts
from Madhubani FSL rushed to the spot. Five kg of black
explosives contained in three packets wrapped with brown
adhesive tapes were recovered," Kampani said.
Five detonators contained in a plastic box wrapped with
brown adhesive tapes, two `ABCD` timers in a plastic box
hidden in the cavity of window rolling machine of the front
door of the car, registration papers of the car, two toll
receipts of Shambu Barrier and Ladowal and some newspapers of
Jammu and Kashmir were recovered.
The numberplate on the car and the RC recovered were not
the same, a senior police official said.
Asked whether the owner of the car has been traced,
Kampani said they will soon find him but refused to give any
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark