Let black money remain in Swiss banks: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Eminent social activist and Magsaysay award winner Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said the black money stashed in Swiss bank by Indians should be left there as it will never be properly used if it comes back to the country.
"Let the Indian money in Swiss bank remain there, at least it is safe. If it comes to India, it won’t be used for development but will go in corrupt hands," Kejriwal said at a press conference here.
"If it comes to India under present laws, in absence of any strong anti-corruption law, it will be lost to corruption," he said.
The activist was in the national capital, along with Anna Hazare, Kiran Bedi and Swami Agnivesh to press for the formulation of a strong Lokpal Bill, or anti-graft legislation.
"It was money meant for development, but if it comes back it won`t be used for development. As soon as the government started inquiry on Hasan (Ali Khan), he shifted a major amount of money. Now the government is looking for it," he said.
The activist stressed that under the present laws, the investigating agencies were working under those accused of corruption.
To start an investigation, the Central Bureau of Investigation needs permission from those against whom it is supposed to act, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory