LeT expanding its naval wing: Abu Jundal
New Delhi: In a startling revelation, key 26/11 handler Abu Jundal, during his interrogations reportedly admitted that Pakistani terror agency Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) is expanding its naval wing to carry out more terror strikes.
Jundal was one of the Pakistani handlers who was giving instructions to the 26/11 terrorists. He reportedly identified targets for the 26/11 attacks.
During interrogations, he reportedly confessed his role in the country`s worst terror attack and admitted that he was present in the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) control room in Karachi and was giving direction to the 10 terrorists who carried out the strike.
The 26/11 handler gave a deep insight into the situation at `Karachi control room` monitoring the Mumbai attack, sources said.
Jundal reportedly told the investigative agencies that officials of ace Pakistani intelligence agency Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) ran the control room along with senior Lashkar commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi. Jundal had reportedly worked in close tandem with Lakhvi.
During the interrogations, the LeT handler reportedly admitted that ISI destroyed 26/11 control room in Karachi after the arrest of Lakhvi from Pak Occupied Kashmir.
According to national security agencies, Jundal is the highest ranked Indian in terror outfit LeT and his questioning is proving to be a key link in establishing the involvement of Pakistan state actors in the Mumbai terror attacks.
Intelligence source indicate that that he was recruited by a Kashmir-based Lashkar operative in 2005. A young Jundal is said to have been indoctrinated in those post-Gujarat-riot years. He allegedly got involved in planning for the 26/11 Mumbai terror operation at the beginning of 2008.
Sources say Jundal, as the Indian in the group, was the one who trained the terrorists who attacked Mumbai on what to wear, what to say etc. He who belongs to Beed in Maharashtra, speaks Marathi, Urdu, Hindi and also a bit of Arabic.
Jundal was recently arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in connection with terrorism related cases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!