LeT financed Jundal`s stay, operations in Saudi Arabia: Police
Mumbai: Pakistan-based terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba financed the procurement of work permits by Mumbai terror attacks suspect Abu Jundal for the `recruited` Indian youths in Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
"Jundal`s main job was to recruit Indians in Saudi Arabia and he got work permits for them as soon as they were indoctrinated," said a police officer privy to the ongoing interrogation of Jundal by Mumbai crime branch on Saturday.
The work-permits helped the youths to avoid coming under the scanner of Saudi authorities, the officer said.
LeT had, in fact, funded Jundal`s entire one-year stay in Saudi Arabia, said, adding he had traveled there on a tourist visa.
"Jundal told us that he was paid in Saudi itself, and he never did any job for earning his livelihood," he said.
Jundal was arrested in the Mumbai terror attacks case on July 21 this year, after he was brought here from Delhi.
Apart from Mumbai attacks, Jundal is also wanted in other cases in Maharashtra: Aurangabad Arms haul case, 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune and the conspiracy to attack Nashik Police Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Check Biharboard.bih.nic.in & Biharboard.ac.in for BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12th XII Intermediate Arts Result 2016 to be announced today - just an hour to go
- When Rajiv Gandhi explained features of a new Indian Navy ship to his parents-in-law
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns
- Kolkata civic body orders testing of bread samples
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem