‘LeT gave paramilitary training to 26/11 attackers’
Washington: The 26/11 Mumbai attack was carried out by highly-trained terrorists who were given training into paramilitary courses by Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), a US attorney has said.
"...This (Mumbai attack) was, in fact, the handiwork of highly-trained terrorists who had gone through the LeT paramilitary courses," US Attorney Neil H MacBride said in a submission to a US District court in Virginia, which sentenced 24-year-old Pakistani national Jubair Ahmad for aiding LeT.
Ahmad was sentenced to 12 years of imprisonment yesterday for providing material support to LeT by making a propaganda video for the terror group, helping it with recruitment and fundraising.
Based in the US for the past few years, Ahmad had himself received two levels of LeT training and was in regular communication with Talha Saeed, the son of the LeT founder Hafiz Saeed.
"For years before his arrest, Ahmad engaged in trade-craft to conceal his activities on behalf of LeT. He used coded language, avoiding talking openly about LeT, and he maintained the lowest possible profile," MacBride said.
Though based in the US, the purpose of Ahmad was to incite violence against India in particular Kashmir.
Ahmad "advocated violence, almost exclusively against the Indian Army in Kashmir".
According to US attorney, Ahmad received first two levels of paramilitary training from the LeT - Dora Suffa and Dora A`ama.
Once he completed the first two levels, Ahmad was interested in the third stage, Dora Khasa or the "advanced course," but was denied permission as he was too young skinny.
After having been turned away, and after the passage of time and distance, Ahmad continued to express a desire to complete the advanced LeT training.
In July 2010, when he was 23 years old, Ahmad told an associate, "I had gone to do the Khasa. Brother Nisar sent me back. He said, `You are too young right now.`... There was a lot of enjoyment (there)."
"When the associate asked if he intended to try again, Ahmad replied, `God willing.`," the US attorney said.
"He had the specific intent to influence the conduct of a government (in this case the Indian government), by intimidation or coercion or because he wanted to retaliate against them. Ahmad did not commit this offence by accident.
He did not commit it for pecuniary gain or because he really liked and admired Talha Saeed," the US attorney said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly