LeT investing through Karachi Stock Exchange
New Delhi: Terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba has invested large amounts of illicit money in various Pakistani business entities through its front Jamaat-ud-Dawa in Karachi Stock Exchange to get high returns to fund its activities.
Official sources said today that intelligence inputs suggested that JuD has pumped the money in Pakistani stock market through various methods.
All the funds were given to Jamaat-ud-Dawa by LeT which was responsible for Mumbai terror attack of November, 2008 and various other terror strikes in India, sources said.
A few Western intelligence agencies were believed to have received similar information about JuD`s activities in Karachi Stock Exchange and shared it with New Delhi, they said.
Last fortnight, addressing the Interpol General Assembly in Rome, Shinde had said stock markets have emerged as a new mode for terrorists to route their money into the economy and leverage it to carry out their nefarious designs.
"Credible intelligence suggests that terrorist outfits are investing in stock markets through spurious companies, setting up fictitious businesses and laundering money," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'