LeT investing through Karachi Stock Exchange
New Delhi: Terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba has invested large amounts of illicit money in various Pakistani business entities through its front Jamaat-ud-Dawa in Karachi Stock Exchange to get high returns to fund its activities.
Official sources said today that intelligence inputs suggested that JuD has pumped the money in Pakistani stock market through various methods.
All the funds were given to Jamaat-ud-Dawa by LeT which was responsible for Mumbai terror attack of November, 2008 and various other terror strikes in India, sources said.
A few Western intelligence agencies were believed to have received similar information about JuD`s activities in Karachi Stock Exchange and shared it with New Delhi, they said.
Last fortnight, addressing the Interpol General Assembly in Rome, Shinde had said stock markets have emerged as a new mode for terrorists to route their money into the economy and leverage it to carry out their nefarious designs.
"Credible intelligence suggests that terrorist outfits are investing in stock markets through spurious companies, setting up fictitious businesses and laundering money," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened