Let Jethmalani make public his evidence against Gadkari: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Friday used Ram Jethmalani`s attack on Nitin Gadkari to demand that the lawyer-cum-BJP MP should make public evidence he has against the party chief.
Dismissing Arvind Kejriwal`s attack on Gadkari as part of "internal warfare of BJP", party spokesperson Manish Tewari also alleged the IAC was working at the behest of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi without naming him.
Linking Kejriwal`s "expose" against Gadkari with former Law Minister Jethmalani`s reported statement that he too has evidence of alleged wrongdoing by the BJP President, Tewari said the evidence in his possession should be made public in public interest.
Naming Kejriwal`s NGO as "Insinuation and Allegation Combine" (IAC) and "B team of a section of BJP", Tewari said the "odious festival of inuendo and calumny" orchestrated and personalised by IAC is a "direct manifestation of the internal warfare of BJP at its fullest display".
"BJP, which sowed the winds of innuendo, is now reaping a whirlwind of calumny. The second shot in this internal warfare of BJP was fired from London by the former Law Minister (Jethmalani) when he said he has "evidence" against the BJP chief, which he refused to divulge", Tewari said.
He said the former law minister and the BJP MP (Jethmalani) while maintaining that he has "evidence against Gadkari" also "in the same breath endorses the dream of the Gujarat Chief Minister", which will remain "unfulfilled".
The Congress spokesperson was alluding to Jethmalani`s demand that Modi should be BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
In an oblique reference to Kejriwal`s attack on Robert Vadra for his land deals in Haryana, Tewari said when the Gujarat Chief Minister was "caught on the wrong foot" on his campaign of "untruths and falsehood", their "B team was unleashed to regurgitate the old insinuations which have already been answered.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shrinking US presence in Afghanistan creates security concerns: Report
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation