LeT militant held at New Delhi railway station
New Delhi: In a major breakthrough, the Special Cell of Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested a suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist at the New Delhi Railway Station.
According to reports, the Delhi Police managed to catch the LeT militant after a tip-off from the Intelligence Bureau (IB).
The 27-year-old militant was nabbed at the Ajmeri Gate entrance of the railway station.
Confirming the development, Joint Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) PN Aggarwal said, "We arrested an LeT operative from the Ajmeri Gate area Tuesday noon. We have recovered explosives and detonators from his possession."
The Delhi Police claimed to have recovered 5 kg of explosives, four detonators and two timers from the militant.
Along with explosives, a Pakistani passport in the name of Yousuf, an identity card issued in Jammu in the name of ‘Salim’, a handbag, a briefcase and one ticket of the Maharashtra bound train was also recovered from him.
It is believed that the arrested terrorist had plans to target important installations in the state of Maharashtra or in Mumbai.
The LeT militant has been taken to Delhi Police’ Special Cell for further questioning and to ascertain his motive and plans in the capital.
The IB had recently warned that more LeT modules were planning to enter New Delhi to target important places in the days to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family