LeT operative being trailed for past one week: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Mohammed Shahid, who has been arrested by Delhi Police, was being trailed for the last one week.
"We were trailing this man for the last one week and he is now with us. We worked silently...And I applaud our men for this feat," he said.
Shahid was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police from Mewat in Haryana. With his arrest, the police claimed to have busted a terror module which was planning to attack prominent market places in the national capital.
"Shahid was arrested from Nuh in Mewat.His other associates are on the run," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav said.
He came under police scanner after investigators traced Baluchi`s calls to his cellphone.
Special Cell officers have also recovered a diary from Shahid which gives details of a terror attack being planned in the national capital, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on