LeT operative being trailed for past one week: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Mohammed Shahid, who has been arrested by Delhi Police, was being trailed for the last one week.
"We were trailing this man for the last one week and he is now with us. We worked silently...And I applaud our men for this feat," he said.
Shahid was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police from Mewat in Haryana. With his arrest, the police claimed to have busted a terror module which was planning to attack prominent market places in the national capital.
"Shahid was arrested from Nuh in Mewat.His other associates are on the run," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav said.
He came under police scanner after investigators traced Baluchi`s calls to his cellphone.
Special Cell officers have also recovered a diary from Shahid which gives details of a terror attack being planned in the national capital, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery