LeT operative being trailed for past one week: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Mohammed Shahid, who has been arrested by Delhi Police, was being trailed for the last one week.
"We were trailing this man for the last one week and he is now with us. We worked silently...And I applaud our men for this feat," he said.
Shahid was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police from Mewat in Haryana. With his arrest, the police claimed to have busted a terror module which was planning to attack prominent market places in the national capital.
"Shahid was arrested from Nuh in Mewat.His other associates are on the run," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav said.
He came under police scanner after investigators traced Baluchi`s calls to his cellphone.
Special Cell officers have also recovered a diary from Shahid which gives details of a terror attack being planned in the national capital, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex reclaims 27,000-mark, zooms over 250 points as voting begins in Britain's EU referendum
- Man Utd legend Paul Scholes to play at the Premier Futsal league in India
- EPL: Leicester striker Jamie Vardy agrees new contract with Premier League champions
- Govt mulls converting unused airports into SEZs
- India's NSG membership to be discussed at special session in Seoul tonight