LeT planning to attack Wagah Border?
New Delhi: India and Pakistan have tightened security on both sides of the Wagah International Border in view of intelligence warning about a possible terror attack on the key trading post between the two nations.
The development comes in view of an alert issued by the Pakistan security agencies that militant outfits including Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) could target the trading post. Consequently, more Pakistan Rangers have been deployed at the post with India also deploying an additional battalion of the Border Security Force (BSF).
The warning from the Pakistan intelligence agencies comes at a time when both sides are trying hard to reduce the trust deficit and normalize bilateral ties that were hit badly after the terror attacks in Mumbai.
In past, several Pakistan-based terrorist outfits have carried out attacks to derail peace efforts being taken by the both the countries. Pakistan has issued similar terror alerts in past also fearing an attack from the Teherek-e-Taliban Pakistan, which did not materialise.
New Delhi has recently allowed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from Pakistan and is considering opening up more trading points. It has also offered to supply Pakistan fuel and Liquefied Petroluem Gas (LPG) to help it deal with its energy crisis. Also, in a first in many decades, India recently exported bananas and newsprint to Pakistan this month.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- India braces for more heat after temperature breaks records; over 300 dead in Telangana
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!