LeT planning to attack Wagah Border?
New Delhi: India and Pakistan have tightened security on both sides of the Wagah International Border in view of intelligence warning about a possible terror attack on the key trading post between the two nations.
The development comes in view of an alert issued by the Pakistan security agencies that militant outfits including Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) could target the trading post. Consequently, more Pakistan Rangers have been deployed at the post with India also deploying an additional battalion of the Border Security Force (BSF).
The warning from the Pakistan intelligence agencies comes at a time when both sides are trying hard to reduce the trust deficit and normalize bilateral ties that were hit badly after the terror attacks in Mumbai.
In past, several Pakistan-based terrorist outfits have carried out attacks to derail peace efforts being taken by the both the countries. Pakistan has issued similar terror alerts in past also fearing an attack from the Teherek-e-Taliban Pakistan, which did not materialise.
New Delhi has recently allowed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from Pakistan and is considering opening up more trading points. It has also offered to supply Pakistan fuel and Liquefied Petroluem Gas (LPG) to help it deal with its energy crisis. Also, in a first in many decades, India recently exported bananas and newsprint to Pakistan this month.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’