LeT sought Kasab’s release during Mumbai attack
Washington: The Pakistani handlers of the LeT men who attacked Mumbai wanted to obtain the release of captured gunman Ajmal Amir Kasab in exchange for the hostages held by the terrorists, an indictment chargesheet for two suspects has said.
A US federal grand jury in its 12-count indictment
against terror suspects Tahawwur Hussain Rana and David
Coleman Headley gave extensive details of the planning of the
Mumbai attack and how Lashkar-e-Toiba leaders guided their men
during the four-day siege beginning November 26, 2008.
Pakistani-origin Chicago resident Rana was indicted by
the jury here along with American citizen Headley on charges
of preparing the groundwork and providing material support for
the LeT to carry out the Mumbai terror attack.
During the course of the attacks, the gunmen were in
telephonic contact with three LeT leaders - identified as
Members A, B and C -- all of whom were located in Pakistan.
During the course of the attacks, they were advised to,
among other actions, kill hostages and throw grenades.
"LeT Member A also sought to arrange the release of a
hostage in exchange for the release of a captured attacker,"
the chargesheet said.
According to the chargesheet the 10 young Pakistani men
were given extensive training by LeT, in July-August 2008.
The terrorists were given training in various skills
including combat tactics, room entry, hostage rescue, nautical
training and swimming. The attacks on multiple installations
killed 166 people including six American nationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant