Let’s do away with Question Hour: RS chairman
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman and Vice President Hamid Ansari, angry over repeated disruptions, on Tuesday proposed in the Upper House that the Question Hour be either moved to another part of the day or be dispensed with.
Ansari has been advocating shifting the Question Hour from 11 am-12 noon slot to another part of the day as repeated disruptions at the start of the day over various issues lead to the cancellation of the same.
While adjourning the Rajya Sabha for 30 minutes amid din in the House, the Chairman said he would call a meeting of the Rules Committee to discuss the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP