Let’s do away with Question Hour: RS chairman
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman and Vice President Hamid Ansari, angry over repeated disruptions, on Tuesday proposed in the Upper House that the Question Hour be either moved to another part of the day or be dispensed with.
Ansari has been advocating shifting the Question Hour from 11 am-12 noon slot to another part of the day as repeated disruptions at the start of the day over various issues lead to the cancellation of the same.
While adjourning the Rajya Sabha for 30 minutes amid din in the House, the Chairman said he would call a meeting of the Rules Committee to discuss the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city