Let’s do away with Question Hour: RS chairman
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman and Vice President Hamid Ansari, angry over repeated disruptions, on Tuesday proposed in the Upper House that the Question Hour be either moved to another part of the day or be dispensed with.
Ansari has been advocating shifting the Question Hour from 11 am-12 noon slot to another part of the day as repeated disruptions at the start of the day over various issues lead to the cancellation of the same.
While adjourning the Rajya Sabha for 30 minutes amid din in the House, the Chairman said he would call a meeting of the Rules Committee to discuss the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1