Li cheers India-China Foreign Ministers bonhomie
Beijing: Notwithstanding the recent boundary tensions, Sino-Indian bonhomie was at its best on Friday as External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi displayed warmth by embracing each other drawing applause from Premier Li Keqiang.
Khurshid and Wang, who held over three hours of talks yesterday, in spontaneous gesture hugged each other when the External Affairs Minister called on Li to finalise the new Chinese Premier`s visit to India later this month.
Looking pleased to see Khurshid and Wang in tight embrace, Li said he is very happy to see both the ministers establishing good rapport.
Asked about the bonhomie, Khurshid later told Indian media that "You saw for yourself. That was an interesting observation made by PM."
"It is gratifying for any foreign minister to see the head government of a foreign country to take such an indulgent and complementary view of what you are doing. I am very happy and pleased to strike a chord with the foreign minister," he said.
Asked whether it was planned, he said, "it was spontaneous. We really got along well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside