Li cheers India-China Foreign Ministers bonhomie
Beijing: Notwithstanding the recent boundary tensions, Sino-Indian bonhomie was at its best on Friday as External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi displayed warmth by embracing each other drawing applause from Premier Li Keqiang.
Khurshid and Wang, who held over three hours of talks yesterday, in spontaneous gesture hugged each other when the External Affairs Minister called on Li to finalise the new Chinese Premier`s visit to India later this month.
Looking pleased to see Khurshid and Wang in tight embrace, Li said he is very happy to see both the ministers establishing good rapport.
Asked about the bonhomie, Khurshid later told Indian media that "You saw for yourself. That was an interesting observation made by PM."
"It is gratifying for any foreign minister to see the head government of a foreign country to take such an indulgent and complementary view of what you are doing. I am very happy and pleased to strike a chord with the foreign minister," he said.
Asked whether it was planned, he said, "it was spontaneous. We really got along well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state