Libya: AI deploys 2 flights to evacuate Indians
New Delhi/Mumbai: Air India will fly two
planes to Tripoli for ten days from Saturday to evacuate a
section of about 18,000 Indians from strife-torn Libya.
"Air India had decided to fly two planes - one from Delhi
and other from Mumbai - to Tripoli to evacuate stranded
Indians on the request from the officials of External Affairs
Ministry," an Air India official said.
The flights would operate for 10 days, starting from Saturday,
as the Libyan government has given landing clearance to Air
India for ten days, the official said.
Both the flights, AI 171 from Mumbai to Tripoli and AI
161 from Delhi to Tripoli, would take off at 0115 hours
(Saturday) and reach Libyan capital Tripoli at 0700 hours
The return flights, AI 170 from Tripoli to Mumbai and
AI 160 from Tripoli to Delhi, would depart at 1000 hours
(Libya time) and reach India at 2015 hours.
The national carrier has deployed Airbus 330, with a
capacity of 270 seats, from Delhi and Boeing 747-400, with a
seating capacity of 400, from Mumbai.
The flights would be operated as ferry flights and all
the expenses will be borne by Indian government, an Air India
spokesperson said in Mumbai.
Libyan government has given landing clearance for two Air
India planes each day from tomorrow for evacuation of Indian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel