Libya evacuation: Govt ropes in private airlines
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday instructed all
private airlines to operate one flight each to Libya everyday
from Wednesday to bring back stranded Indians from the
Jet Airways and Kingfisher would be flying to Libya
tomorrow as part of the massive airlift exercise, sources in
the Civil Aviation Ministry said here.
The target, said sources, is to bring back 2000
Indians back daily.
National carrier Air India, which had been operating
two flights for the last three days, would send three aircraft
to Libya beginning tomorrow.
So far 1,083 people have been evacuated by the four
Air India special flights.
With government intensifying the evacuation drive,
nearly a third of 18,000 Indians in Libya would have been
evacuated through air and sea by tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32