Libya evacuation: Govt ropes in private airlines
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday instructed all
private airlines to operate one flight each to Libya everyday
from Wednesday to bring back stranded Indians from the
Jet Airways and Kingfisher would be flying to Libya
tomorrow as part of the massive airlift exercise, sources in
the Civil Aviation Ministry said here.
The target, said sources, is to bring back 2000
Indians back daily.
National carrier Air India, which had been operating
two flights for the last three days, would send three aircraft
to Libya beginning tomorrow.
So far 1,083 people have been evacuated by the four
Air India special flights.
With government intensifying the evacuation drive,
nearly a third of 18,000 Indians in Libya would have been
evacuated through air and sea by tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill