Licenses of all pilots under scrutiny: Civil Aviation secy
New Delhi: The licenses of 3000 to 4000
pilots are being scrutinised by the aviation regulator DGCA
following the arrest of a woman pilot on the charge of forging
documents to procure the license.
"Commercial pilot licenses are being scrutinised
following this incident," Civil Aviation secretary Nasim Zaidi
The Directorate General of Civil Avaiation (DGCA) is
scrutinising the commercial pilot licenses (CPL) of all the
CPL holders and their documents.
Zaidi said the entire process will take a couple of
Parminder Kaur Gulati, a suspended pilot of Indigo
Airlines, was apprehended by a team of Delhi Police`s crime
branch on March 8 following investigations into a complaint
filed by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Gulati allegedly produced the forged marksheets of
DGCA Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) test to get the
commercial pilot licence.
With ATPL, one can become a co-pilot and to get a
full-fledged commercial pilot licence one should have ATPL
with adequate flying hours.
Accoriding to sources, Gulati had allegedly produced
forged marksheets of ATPL examination conducted by the DGCA.
She holds a valid commercial pilot licence.
Last year, during a flight landing in Goa by Gulati,
technical errors were noticed and DGCA had constituted an
inquiry to look into it.
Sources said that during investigations it came to
light that Gulati had allegedly forged marksheets of the ATPL
examination, following which she was suspended by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof