Licenses of all pilots under scrutiny: Civil Aviation secy
New Delhi: The licenses of 3000 to 4000
pilots are being scrutinised by the aviation regulator DGCA
following the arrest of a woman pilot on the charge of forging
documents to procure the license.
"Commercial pilot licenses are being scrutinised
following this incident," Civil Aviation secretary Nasim Zaidi
The Directorate General of Civil Avaiation (DGCA) is
scrutinising the commercial pilot licenses (CPL) of all the
CPL holders and their documents.
Zaidi said the entire process will take a couple of
Parminder Kaur Gulati, a suspended pilot of Indigo
Airlines, was apprehended by a team of Delhi Police`s crime
branch on March 8 following investigations into a complaint
filed by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Gulati allegedly produced the forged marksheets of
DGCA Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) test to get the
commercial pilot licence.
With ATPL, one can become a co-pilot and to get a
full-fledged commercial pilot licence one should have ATPL
with adequate flying hours.
Accoriding to sources, Gulati had allegedly produced
forged marksheets of ATPL examination conducted by the DGCA.
She holds a valid commercial pilot licence.
Last year, during a flight landing in Goa by Gulati,
technical errors were noticed and DGCA had constituted an
inquiry to look into it.
Sources said that during investigations it came to
light that Gulati had allegedly forged marksheets of the ATPL
examination, following which she was suspended by the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!