Lieutenant General Rameshwar Roy is new Assam Rifles DG
Shillong: Lieutenant General Rameshwar Roy
has taken over as the 26th Director General of Assam Rifles.
Lt Gen Roy was commissioned in the 7th Battalion of
Jammu and Kashmir Rifles in 1973, according to an official
communiqué from the Assam Rifles headquarters here today.
He has worked in varied command, staff and
instructional appointments during his career in the Indian
Army, spanning over 37 years.
Before taking over as the DG of Assam Rifles on
December 6, Roy was in command of the prestigious 16 Corps in
Nagrota in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region