Light rains drench parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Ending the prolonged dry spell, light rains were witnessed in parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday.
Pathankot, Kapurthala, Phagwara, Mohali and Ludhiana were among the places that received rainfall, the MeT said here.
Parts of Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Ambala in Haryana also saw light showers.
The MeT attributed the change in weather to a western disturbance that lay over North Pakistan adjoining J&K and neighbourhood.
During the past few days, the minimum temperatures in the two states and Chandigarh have dropped by a few notches, in the range of 6-10 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperatures have been settling in the range of 24-27 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'