Light rains drench parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Ending the prolonged dry spell, light rains were witnessed in parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday.
Pathankot, Kapurthala, Phagwara, Mohali and Ludhiana were among the places that received rainfall, the MeT said here.
Parts of Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Ambala in Haryana also saw light showers.
The MeT attributed the change in weather to a western disturbance that lay over North Pakistan adjoining J&K and neighbourhood.
During the past few days, the minimum temperatures in the two states and Chandigarh have dropped by a few notches, in the range of 6-10 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperatures have been settling in the range of 24-27 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam