Light rains drench parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Ending the prolonged dry spell, light rains were witnessed in parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday.
Pathankot, Kapurthala, Phagwara, Mohali and Ludhiana were among the places that received rainfall, the MeT said here.
Parts of Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Ambala in Haryana also saw light showers.
The MeT attributed the change in weather to a western disturbance that lay over North Pakistan adjoining J&K and neighbourhood.
During the past few days, the minimum temperatures in the two states and Chandigarh have dropped by a few notches, in the range of 6-10 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperatures have been settling in the range of 24-27 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`