Light rains drench parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Ending the prolonged dry spell, light rains were witnessed in parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday.
Pathankot, Kapurthala, Phagwara, Mohali and Ludhiana were among the places that received rainfall, the MeT said here.
Parts of Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Ambala in Haryana also saw light showers.
The MeT attributed the change in weather to a western disturbance that lay over North Pakistan adjoining J&K and neighbourhood.
During the past few days, the minimum temperatures in the two states and Chandigarh have dropped by a few notches, in the range of 6-10 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperatures have been settling in the range of 24-27 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh