Like Lord Ram had sent Sita out of home, BJP should dump Modi: Cong
New Delhi: With his role in post-Godhara riots again coming into question, Congress on Tuesday asked BJP to dump the Guajrat Chief Minister like Lord Rama had sent Sita out of his home to clear the doubts of the people.
"The party, which has been talking of the Ram Mandir and Ramrajya for the last so many years should also follow the ideals shown by Rama. Lord Rama had deserted his wife Sita just to clear the doubts of people.
"Questions are being raised about Modi for the last ten years and none of the organizations like National Human Rights Commission and Minority Commission has so far given the Gujarat Chief Minister a clean chit and even BJP`s allies have been raising questions about him ," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
He said BJP has been trying to avoid questions on Modi all these years.
Differing with SIT`s clean chit, the Supreme Court-appointed amicus curiae had yesterday held that Modi can be prosecuted for offences under IPC in the post-Godhra riots of 2002 for "promoting enmity among different groups".
Alvi, however, parried questions on SIT`s findings or whether Congress would appeal against the closure report of SIT. "The job of an investigation agency is to carry out investigation. The verdict has to come from the court," he said.
Asked about his party`s view on the SIT report, Alvi snapped "SIT report is submitted to a court and not in the office of Congress party."
His response was similar when asked whether Congress would appeal against the SIT report saying it was not the job of Congress party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- BJD members stone Textile Minister Santosh Gangwar’s car in Odisha, MLA arrested
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now