Like Lord Ram had sent Sita out of home, BJP should dump Modi: Cong
New Delhi: With his role in post-Godhara riots again coming into question, Congress on Tuesday asked BJP to dump the Guajrat Chief Minister like Lord Rama had sent Sita out of his home to clear the doubts of the people.
"The party, which has been talking of the Ram Mandir and Ramrajya for the last so many years should also follow the ideals shown by Rama. Lord Rama had deserted his wife Sita just to clear the doubts of people.
"Questions are being raised about Modi for the last ten years and none of the organizations like National Human Rights Commission and Minority Commission has so far given the Gujarat Chief Minister a clean chit and even BJP`s allies have been raising questions about him ," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
He said BJP has been trying to avoid questions on Modi all these years.
Differing with SIT`s clean chit, the Supreme Court-appointed amicus curiae had yesterday held that Modi can be prosecuted for offences under IPC in the post-Godhra riots of 2002 for "promoting enmity among different groups".
Alvi, however, parried questions on SIT`s findings or whether Congress would appeal against the closure report of SIT. "The job of an investigation agency is to carry out investigation. The verdict has to come from the court," he said.
Asked about his party`s view on the SIT report, Alvi snapped "SIT report is submitted to a court and not in the office of Congress party."
His response was similar when asked whether Congress would appeal against the SIT report saying it was not the job of Congress party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre