Linking RSS with Ajmer blast political conspiracy by govt: VHP
New Delhi: VHP on Saturday charged the government
with indulging in a "political conspiracy" against Hindu
organisations after the name of a senior RSS leader figured in
the 2007 Ajmer blast case chargesheet.
"This is the country`s biggest political conspiracy and
that too against Hindu organisations, groups by the UPA
government to garner Muslim votes," VHP international general
secretary Pravin Togadia told reporters here.
Coming strongly in support of the RSS, he accused the
government of talking with Jammu and Kashmir separatist leader
Syed Geelani despite he daring to hold an anti-India discourse
in New Delhi and "on the other hand, they link an organisation
like RSS which has nearly 80 years of patriotism in its
history with terrorist activities".
Togadia said by this move (RSS leader Indresh Kumar`s
name figuring in the chargesheet) it appears that the
government was determined to make the "saffron terror"
statement of Home Minister P Chidambaram into a reality.
He said, "I wonder if the chargesheet is a political
conspiracy to justify Chidambaram`s statement and if it is a
part of the tactical plan of the UPA to target Hindu leaders
Togadia said that today Abhinav Bharat and RSS were being
"framed by the government... tomorrow they may frame any other
Asked whether he denies that the Abhinav Bharat (the
radical Hindu group alleged to be behind the blast) had a role
in the Ajmer case or he denies the very existence of such an
outfit, Togadia said he was not particularly associated with
any group by that name.
To a poser if he knew an outfit by the name of Abhinav
Bharat he said, "as a Hindu I know many Hindus and Hindu
groups. I may not remember all names".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in