Linking RSS with Ajmer blast political conspiracy by govt: VHP
New Delhi: VHP on Saturday charged the government
with indulging in a "political conspiracy" against Hindu
organisations after the name of a senior RSS leader figured in
the 2007 Ajmer blast case chargesheet.
"This is the country`s biggest political conspiracy and
that too against Hindu organisations, groups by the UPA
government to garner Muslim votes," VHP international general
secretary Pravin Togadia told reporters here.
Coming strongly in support of the RSS, he accused the
government of talking with Jammu and Kashmir separatist leader
Syed Geelani despite he daring to hold an anti-India discourse
in New Delhi and "on the other hand, they link an organisation
like RSS which has nearly 80 years of patriotism in its
history with terrorist activities".
Togadia said by this move (RSS leader Indresh Kumar`s
name figuring in the chargesheet) it appears that the
government was determined to make the "saffron terror"
statement of Home Minister P Chidambaram into a reality.
He said, "I wonder if the chargesheet is a political
conspiracy to justify Chidambaram`s statement and if it is a
part of the tactical plan of the UPA to target Hindu leaders
Togadia said that today Abhinav Bharat and RSS were being
"framed by the government... tomorrow they may frame any other
Asked whether he denies that the Abhinav Bharat (the
radical Hindu group alleged to be behind the blast) had a role
in the Ajmer case or he denies the very existence of such an
outfit, Togadia said he was not particularly associated with
any group by that name.
To a poser if he knew an outfit by the name of Abhinav
Bharat he said, "as a Hindu I know many Hindus and Hindu
groups. I may not remember all names".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city