Little chance of Modi or Advani becoming PM: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: Describing the reported spat between LK Advani and Narendra Modi on the issue of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate as a fight between "guru and chela", RJD President Lalu Prasad on Thursday wondered whether there was any chance of either of them entering that office.
"Advani, who has been a guru (teacher) to Modi on communal politics is today fighting his own `chela` (disciple)," the RJD President said.
"But is there any chance of either of them becoming Prime Minister, (the post) for which they are clashing," Prasad told reporters here.
Apprehending that the 2014 polls would be a "dangerous" one due to the "divisive" politics of BJP and RSS, Prasad urged Congress and other secular forces to come together to defeat such elements.
Prasad had in 1990 stopped Advani`s `chariot` in Bihar and arrested him after he had set off on a `yatra` from Gujarat`s Somnath to whip up support for a temple at Ayodhya.
Pointing to the alleged involvement of communal forces like BJP and RSS in the Muzaffarnagar violence, he warned that fresh clashes could be sparked by "divisive" forces in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar before the Parliamentary polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP