Little chance of Modi or Advani becoming PM: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: Describing the reported spat between LK Advani and Narendra Modi on the issue of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate as a fight between "guru and chela", RJD President Lalu Prasad on Thursday wondered whether there was any chance of either of them entering that office.
"Advani, who has been a guru (teacher) to Modi on communal politics is today fighting his own `chela` (disciple)," the RJD President said.
"But is there any chance of either of them becoming Prime Minister, (the post) for which they are clashing," Prasad told reporters here.
Apprehending that the 2014 polls would be a "dangerous" one due to the "divisive" politics of BJP and RSS, Prasad urged Congress and other secular forces to come together to defeat such elements.
Prasad had in 1990 stopped Advani`s `chariot` in Bihar and arrested him after he had set off on a `yatra` from Gujarat`s Somnath to whip up support for a temple at Ayodhya.
Pointing to the alleged involvement of communal forces like BJP and RSS in the Muzaffarnagar violence, he warned that fresh clashes could be sparked by "divisive" forces in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar before the Parliamentary polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- England vs Pakistan: Alastair Cook glad to get 'carried along' with Joe Root
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers
- Are Saturn's rings bending? NASA releases strange image from Cassini (Pic inside)