‘Little improvement in Amar Singh`s condition’
New Delhi: There has been little improvement
in the condition of Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh who is
undergoing treatment at AIIMS for urinary tract infection
which still continues, doctors said.
"He has shown a little improvement. Though his condition
is stable but his infection still continues," Dr DK Sharma,
medical superintendent, AIIMS said.
Sharma said all facilities were in place at AIIMS for
patients of kidney transplant. "We have been treating kidney
transplant patients for the past 25 years," he said.
Singh, 55, was admitted in the private ward of AIIMS on
September 12 evening after his creatinine level rose and was
immediately put under medical observation.
He was brought from Tihar jail where he was lodged since
September 6. A Delhi court had sent him on 14-day judicial
custody following his arrest in connection with the 2008
After investigations, doctors found that Escherichia
coli, a type of bacteria, has been found to be the cause of
the urinary tract infection suffered by Singh who had
undergone a kidney transplant surgery in Singapore in July,
As such, the fluctuations in the creatinine level (a
marker of kidney function) continue to exist.
Along with doctors from the department of nephrology,
Singh is also under the observation of consultants from the
department of gastroenterology, endocrinology and psychiatry
as he also suffers from hypertension and diabetes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video