‘Little improvement in Amar Singh`s condition’
New Delhi: There has been little improvement
in the condition of Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh who is
undergoing treatment at AIIMS for urinary tract infection
which still continues, doctors said.
"He has shown a little improvement. Though his condition
is stable but his infection still continues," Dr DK Sharma,
medical superintendent, AIIMS said.
Sharma said all facilities were in place at AIIMS for
patients of kidney transplant. "We have been treating kidney
transplant patients for the past 25 years," he said.
Singh, 55, was admitted in the private ward of AIIMS on
September 12 evening after his creatinine level rose and was
immediately put under medical observation.
He was brought from Tihar jail where he was lodged since
September 6. A Delhi court had sent him on 14-day judicial
custody following his arrest in connection with the 2008
After investigations, doctors found that Escherichia
coli, a type of bacteria, has been found to be the cause of
the urinary tract infection suffered by Singh who had
undergone a kidney transplant surgery in Singapore in July,
As such, the fluctuations in the creatinine level (a
marker of kidney function) continue to exist.
Along with doctors from the department of nephrology,
Singh is also under the observation of consultants from the
department of gastroenterology, endocrinology and psychiatry
as he also suffers from hypertension and diabetes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter