‘Little improvement in Amar Singh`s condition’
New Delhi: There has been little improvement
in the condition of Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh who is
undergoing treatment at AIIMS for urinary tract infection
which still continues, doctors said.
"He has shown a little improvement. Though his condition
is stable but his infection still continues," Dr DK Sharma,
medical superintendent, AIIMS said.
Sharma said all facilities were in place at AIIMS for
patients of kidney transplant. "We have been treating kidney
transplant patients for the past 25 years," he said.
Singh, 55, was admitted in the private ward of AIIMS on
September 12 evening after his creatinine level rose and was
immediately put under medical observation.
He was brought from Tihar jail where he was lodged since
September 6. A Delhi court had sent him on 14-day judicial
custody following his arrest in connection with the 2008
After investigations, doctors found that Escherichia
coli, a type of bacteria, has been found to be the cause of
the urinary tract infection suffered by Singh who had
undergone a kidney transplant surgery in Singapore in July,
As such, the fluctuations in the creatinine level (a
marker of kidney function) continue to exist.
Along with doctors from the department of nephrology,
Singh is also under the observation of consultants from the
department of gastroenterology, endocrinology and psychiatry
as he also suffers from hypertension and diabetes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui