Live reporting of terror strikes: PCI asks media to take care
Chennai: Live reporting of terror strikes
like the Mumbai attacks could have an "undermining effect" on
the security and safety aspects during such situations and the
media, especially electronic, should "take care" while
reporting such events, Press Council of India said on Sunday.
"Reporters should focus on the possible impact on safety
and security (in the prevailing situation) as there could be
an undermining effect. They should be more careful during such
situations (as live telecast of events) could also affect the
action of the security personnel," said PCI chairman, justice
However, reporting such events was equally important,
Ray said while talking to reporters here on the sidelines of a
workshop on "Media against terrorism".
A government spokesperson should be in place during such
times to assist the media, he added.
Recalling the self-imposed regulatory measures by the
National Broadcasters Association in the wake of the 26/11
attacks, Ray said a legislation would ensure that "good sense
In the wake of Mumbai terror attacks, the NBA has framed
some guidelines for the media which include deferred live
reporting and not revealing the security forces strategies
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?