LJP to hold nationwide protest for SC reservation in pvt jobs
New Delhi: Accusing the government of being "apathetic" towards dalit issues, Lok Janshakti Party and Dalit Sena will hold a nationwide agitation in August to demand reservation for scheduled castes and OBCs in private jobs, judiciary and promotions.
"We have decided to hold a nationwide agitation on August 9. We have been demanding reservation for dalits in private sector, judiciary and promotion but the government is completely apathetic to the demands," LJP Chief and Dalit Sena founder Ramvilas Paswan told PTI here.
Dalit Sena, an organisation for emancipation and welfare of the backward section, was established by Paswan in 1983.
Earlier after inaugurating the national convention of Dalit Sena here, Paswan demanded that the sum allocated under Special Component Plan for scheduled castes should be judiciously spent for uplifting of the backward sections.
"There have been instances when money allocated under this fund was diverted to other sectors. We demand that it should be used for dalits only," he said.
Dalit Sena also demanded setting up of a dalit regiment in defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'