LJP to hold nationwide protest for SC reservation in pvt jobs
New Delhi: Accusing the government of being "apathetic" towards dalit issues, Lok Janshakti Party and Dalit Sena will hold a nationwide agitation in August to demand reservation for scheduled castes and OBCs in private jobs, judiciary and promotions.
"We have decided to hold a nationwide agitation on August 9. We have been demanding reservation for dalits in private sector, judiciary and promotion but the government is completely apathetic to the demands," LJP Chief and Dalit Sena founder Ramvilas Paswan told PTI here.
Dalit Sena, an organisation for emancipation and welfare of the backward section, was established by Paswan in 1983.
Earlier after inaugurating the national convention of Dalit Sena here, Paswan demanded that the sum allocated under Special Component Plan for scheduled castes should be judiciously spent for uplifting of the backward sections.
"There have been instances when money allocated under this fund was diverted to other sectors. We demand that it should be used for dalits only," he said.
Dalit Sena also demanded setting up of a dalit regiment in defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre