LK Advani backs unified India idea
Chitrakoot: BJP leader LK Advani on Wednesday said he agreed with the concept of unified India mooted by BJP ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyaya and late socialist leader Ram Manohar Lohia.
"Once Dr Lohia and Upadayay had issued a joint statement on the concept of a confederation of India and Pakistan," Advani said while inaugurating the two-day state working committee of Uttar Pradesh BJP.
Advani said that once he had a chance to meet Lohia as a journalist and the latter while emphasising that he was a socialist said he respected nationalist ideology of Bharatiya Jansangh.
According to Advani, Lohia had said his analysis was that Jansangh`s concept of unified India is something a common Muslim perceives that if the party comes to power it would attack Pakistan and include it in India.
The BJP leader said Lohia`s analysis was "wrong" and he should meet Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
"Then the two leaders had a chance to meet and Lohia repeated the same thing to Panditji (Upadhyay). Deen Dayalji explained to him that a day would come when Muslims in Pakistan will understand that by partition they have not done good to themselves," he said.
"Panditji said that they would realise that it was a historical mistake. At that time, there would be a possibility that India and Pakistan would form a confederation," he added.
Advani said that a few years ago on the birth anniversary of Lohia he had narrated the incident to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The Prime Minister asked me that how much of it is possible now. I replied that it was possible when Panditji said about this, the possibility also increased with the policy adopted by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, but with your stand that whatever they do talks would not be interrupted and would continue, then there is no possibility of this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack