LK Advani blames PM`s `situation` for `all maladies`
New Delhi: In a veiled attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, BJP leader LK Advani on Sunday said the present situation of the head of government was the "root cause of all maladies" afflicting the country these days.
He said it was common knowledge that the Prime Minister, who is the prime executive in a democratic establishment, is not the topmost authority in the country`s hierarchy.
"As in all democracies the prime executive in a democratic establishment is the Prime Minister. But as everyone in the country knows, the topmost person in India`s hierarchy today is not the Prime Minister, but the Congress President. It is this situation which is at the root of most maladies that afflict the country these days," Advani said on his blog today.
Advani`s remarks come against the background of wide- spread agitation and outrage over the brutal rape and torture of a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in Delhi last week.
The BJP leader said in a vast country like India with myriads of problems, the Constitution and the law empowers government with all the authority needed to administer the country effectively.
He had yesterday expressed concern over police action against young students protesting at Raisina Hill and India Gate. He has also earlier accused the government of being "indecisive and incompetent."
In his blog, Advani also commented about journalist Tavleen Singh`s book - `Durbar`, saying it tells readers that there was a time when its author had very close relations not only with Rajiv Gandhi but also with Sonia Gandhi.
"Then suddenly, this closeness came to an end," he observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!