LK Advani ideal PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: NDA convenor and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav added a new twist to the BJP’s quandary over its prime ministerial candidate by naming LK Advani as the most suitable to lead the NDA in 2014.
Yadav said on Thursday that LK Advani is the best candidate and that his age should not be used to discount his candidature.
The timing of Yadav’s statement is crucial as it comes a day after the Gujarat Assembly Elections were announced. And it is no secret that if BJP strongman Narendra Modi wins, his eyes will be set on Delhi for the 2014 polls.
However, JD(U) has made it certain that it is not in favour of Modi’s candidature. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said that his party won’t support BJP if Modi is made its PM candidate.
More importantly, Advani had moved out the list of PM hopefuls in the BJP after the RSS had made it clear that it wants him to make way for the new generation.
Modi may be the top contender but there many more leaders in the BJP who consider themselves in the PM race. Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray complicated the matter by backing Sushma Swaraj for the post.
Now with Sharad Yadav backing Advani, the Pandora’s Box has been opened again. It remains to be seen who eventually manages the fight of attrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi