LK Advani not in race for PM, says BJP leader
Zee Media Bureau / Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: BJP veteran Lal Krishna Advani has finally said it – that he is not in the race for the post of prime minister.
In the words of former BJP president Venkaiah Naidu, “Advani has always said that he is not in the Prime Ministerial race", reported a news website.
Naidu made the remarks after meeting the senior leader earlier in the day today.
The BJP had on September 13 nominated Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its PM candidate for the 2014 General Elections.
And Naidu said that Advani will continue to guide the party and also take active part in election campaigning.
It may be noted that Advani was BJP`s PM candidate in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!